Make a note of the date – Sunday 20 March 2022.
It’s the day we can officially say ‘goodbye winter, hello spring.’
And it doesn’t just usher in lighter, longer days and the reawakening of many parts of our natural environment.
Spring is the busiest time for the Fife property market.
Below are five tips that will help you plant the seeds so that you’ll be ready come 20 March.
- Start now. If you are serious about a spring move, begin the process now. This will give you more than seven weeks to get everything in place.
- Choose an agent. Call in three local agents to value your property. This is probably the most important decision you’ll make, so choose wisely. Look for a realistic valuation, an agent’s track record, how they would market your property, and ask for testimonials from past clients.
- Spring clean. Yes, we know you’ll be starting your spring clean a few weeks early, but it’ll pay dividends. Having a clean, clutter-free home will make the marketing photos of your property stand out online.
- Prepare paperwork. One of the things that can delay a property sale is having to track down paperwork once an offer has been accepted. See off this issue early by getting all your warranties, guarantees, and property-related paperwork together. We can help you if you are unsure of what you’ll need.
- Think it through. Moving home is a big decision to make. So, make sure it’s the right thing for you to do at this moment in time. That may sound odd coming from an estate agent who makes their living from selling homes, but experience has shown us that homeowners should be 100% certain about their decision. However, this time of year and current property market conditions make it an excellent time to sell.
If you have any property-related questions, get in touch with us today. We’re here to help.